Thursday 19 September 2013

Jack and Jill comic 1960 onward centre pages ..The Children who lived in the shoe and Our Village Cherry Green



 By Arnold.


Drawn by Arnold..



Drawn by W. H Booth a wonderful idea of kids trying to paint a moving object...also a nice painting in its own right...





These are great pieces for studying and also trying to find the hidden objects as well..
This feature went on for 7 years and later years was Our Village which had modern children of the 60's in the picture...These are mini masterpieces and would make great jigsaws today...


2 comments:

Diane said...

I was trying to remember the contents of "Jack and Jill" when writing an obituary, long story, I was thrilled to find "The Old Woman who lived in a Shoe" on your page. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed searching this ancient form of "Where's Wally?" Thank you for preserving it, and all the other art work. My mum helped me learn to read from it and the artwork being so naturally drawn must have helped me learn to draw, subliminally!

Peter Gray said...

Thanks for commenting..
Love to see more of these centre pages myself..